Lligwy Sub-Megalithic burial chamber, dominated by a
massive 5.5m x 4.5m capstone weighing at least 25 tonne on top of uprights and a
chamber hollowed out of the rock. The chamber was partially excavated by E. Neil
Baynes in 1908 who found a substantial amount of bone deposit which included the
remains of up to 30 individuals. Photographed during an Archaeology Safari on the
island of Anglesey 27th June 2004.